Sunday 9 August 2020

Sudoku 59: Thermo Sudoku

Dear Shaheer,

I was scrolling through my facebook calendar and I couldn't scroll beyond 9th August. The image of a man full of energy flashed in front of my eyes. A man who was not a kid by age but had excitement no less than a kid. A man who used to solve sudokus at a crazy speed and always wanted to reach high ranks in sudoku solving. We never knew that you would reach such high levels that it would become impossible to reach your levels.

I vividly remember the time when I had shared room with you during World Sudoku Championship 2017. It was such a great time. We miss the #Shera of our group. I remember you had invited me to your brother's marriage last year but I couldn't make it because of office work. I wish I had met you that day and enjoy your company for one last time. 

I wish I could wish you birthday today. Here's a sudoku in your memory on your birth anniversary. I know you would be happy to see people solving this sudoku:

Rules: Classic Sudoku rules apply. Additionally the digits in the thermometer shapes must be strictly increasing in each cell from the round bulb to the flat end.

Links:

Solve Online

Solution

8 comments:

  1. This is such a touching tribute. I met him just once at tsc19 but from the whatsapp chats, i could see he was very enthusiastic, childlike and warm.
    Nice puzzle. Took me 10.1 mins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anu ma'am!😄

      Yeah, he was definitely a very enthusiatic person!

      Delete
  2. 8:10, beautiful puzzle and a great tribute to our dear friend Shaheer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19.40. A great tribute to Shaheer. I read it in the comments after completing it! Never met him, but understood how a gem he is, from all the messages in Whatsapp. Good effort Hemant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Venkat! :)
      He was definitely a gem!

      Delete