Friday 1 March 2019

Sudoku 21: Thermo Sudoku

I wish a very happy birthday to Pranav Kamesh. In the Indian sudoku & puzzling community, this name needs no introduction. At such a young age Pranav has attained so many feats. On a personal level, Pranav is the closest to me among the 5 champs who had started sudokuing with me. If you like a sudoku on this blog, you should thank Pranav as well. More than 60% of the sudokus till date have been tested by Pranav.
Here is a Thermo Sudoku with Pranav's initials as a theme.
Rules: Classic Sudoku rules apply. Additionally the digits in the thermometer shapes must be strictly increasing in each cell from the round bulb to the flat end.
Links:


7 comments:

  1. Excellent sudoku. I found the going tough. My timing: a poor 16:25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a pretty decent timing on this sudoku!

      Delete
  2. 12:53.Very challenging one.Had some sweet deductions all through.Logic 'trickled' like it usually does in an Akash constructed sudoku.Enjoyed this !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like I have an Akash-effect everywhere in Sudoku😉
      Thanks, Kishore!

      Delete
  3. So heartwarming to see you honour Pranav with a custom-made-sudoku :). I found it tough so dare not mention timing. I finished it, and that makes me feel relieved :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      As I had told you, this is a tough sudoku. So, don't worry about the timing :)

      Delete
  4. 14:43, a tough but enjoyable sudoku. Some neat deductions in there.

    ReplyDelete